Archive for the ‘lxlang’ tag
Next up, I might work on using the HTML5 File API to add some image caching – the page load time for the below is a bit ridiculous.
Click here to view the ray tracing page. Or click the image below to get a static image of the results (admittedly, a much faster approach).
I’ve been doing a fair amount of work on the patterns lately. Admittedly, the page has only been tested with Chrome and I know there are a couple issues with Firefox but, for a prototype, this is fine.
Several features I’ve added recently:
- Vertical scroll bar for manipulating pattern rotation
- Link to downloadable PNG of dynamically generated pattern image
- Integrated links to Google Closure Compiler optimized versions of dynamically generated JS
- Add UI settings to control resolution and multisampling
- Added several new patterns
Data URI for Text
var dataUri = 'data:text/plain,' + escape(source); $("#download-link").attr("href", dataUri);
The one downside that I haven’t been able to work past yet is that Chrome disables the “Save as…” option when you visit the resulting page. I don’t understand this. To download the file, you need to right-click save the link rather than visit the page and save that. Strange.