The typical game of Asteroids, where each asteroid is a large floating cube. Has a menu, a persistent high score, a splash screen, a credits screen. Supports power-ups and leveling.
Demonstrates a "full" game rather than any particular technology.
- Fonts for score
- Layers: star and planets layer in the background. Star-field background.
- Power-up: Time-shift. Slow the engine time scale.
- Asteriods are nested procedural materials
- Shield is a mostly transparent sphere around the ship
- Camera set look from back of ship, but can swivel from almost completely top-down to about 30 degrees behind
- Camera should rock on impact after shields are down
- Fade effects should occur on massive damage
- Damage to shields followed by damage to engine and stabiliziers
- HUD displaying shield, engine, and weapon stats
- Choice of weaponry at start of level
- Procedural maps on all cubes
- 4 levels to win the game